The term Enterprise Resource Planning, or ERP, encompasses every aspect of business operations, from inventory to human resources to CRM. Up until recently, the office computer was the sole domain of ERP, the only place where its huge amounts of data and complex business functionalities would fit.
With the advent of enterprise mobility, however, all of that is changing. Now that the capability exists for mobile ERP, companies are beginning to see that confining that data and those capabilities to office desktops is not the best way to move forward in an increasingly agile business world. Developing enterprise mobile apps that can provide this functionality while on the move is the best way to advance into this new reality.
Imagine, for example, an instance of a sales representative with access to mobile ERP via enterprise mobile apps. As he heads out on his sales route, he has access to previous sales statistics, as well as navigation information on the quickest route to each stop. Once he arrives at a customer’s location, he has instant access to any and all information the customer might inquire about at his fingertips. His reassuring ability to easily answer questions helps close the sale, and he is able to put the order through immediately on his mobile device. That order is transmitted in real-time, and he can tell the customer then and there exactly when it is scheduled for delivery.
Having mobile access to business capabilities brings obvious benefits to enterprises. The following four are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the far-reaching effects of mobile ERP on businesses.
4 Benefits of Mobile Enterprise Resource Management
1. Improved quality of service: By providing mobile workers with instant access to relevant information, no matter where they are, mobile ERP enables them to answer questions and provide data to customers and sales prospects who would otherwise have had to wait. This form of enterprise mobility also allows employees to retrieve customer information on-site, so that discussions can easily be customized to each client’s unique needs and history. Business relationships are strengthened through these kinds of interactions.
2. Greater productivity: Since employees can access these enterprise mobile apps while on the go, downtime due to traveling is significantly reduced. Workers have complete access to every business capability they need to continue working as if they were in the office. And even when employees are close to home, allowing mobile access to ERP cuts down on paperwork, freeing up time for more productive pursuits.
3. More accurate data capture: Because any transaction can be done on the spot in real-time via enterprise mobile apps, there is no need to re-type it in later into the office system. This cuts down on the number of errors caused by data entry mistakes, which saves money and time.
4. Competitive advantage: Finally, having mobile access to business capabilities gives enterprises a clear edge over their competition. Customers want to do business with the company that can provide the best service and the fastest turnaround at the lowest cost, and by boosting productivity and customer service through mobile ERP, your company will be able to provide just that.
Has your organization implemented mobile access to ERP yet? If so, what has your experience with it been? How has it improved operations? We’d love to get your input in the comments section below.
Reach out to our team today!
- 3 Signs That Your Business May Need a Mobile App
- Building A Successful Business App: The Do’s and Don’ts
- FAQs About Business Mobile Apps
- 6 Ways A Private App Store Will Benefit Your Business
When Kishore isn’t cultivating his teams of passionate thought leaders within the IT scene, as a licensed private pilot he enjoys playing in the clouds, community service, and being active in Dallas based Health Wildcatters. Furthermore, he is a devoted family man who places great value in spending time with his wife and two children.
Mr. Khandavalli earned a Master's degree from the University of Akron in Ohio.
Latest posts by Kishore Khandavalli (see all)
- FAQs About Business Mobile Apps - October 30, 2015
- Antivirus Protection in the Realm of Enterprise Mobility - March 6, 2015
- 6 Mistakes to Avoid When Designing a Business App - February 26, 2015