It seems that everywhere you look, people are advocating the use of mobile apps to save businesses time and money. But you still wonder — beyond the allure of all those technological bells and whistles, do business apps really deliver what they promise? Or are they just another expense that, in the end, can’t really be justified by their ROI?
Actually, you might be surprised at just how significantly mobile business apps can increase operational efficiency. Far from being “just another toy,” they provide businesses with invaluable time savings, which translate into reduced costs and increased productivity.
How exactly are they able to accomplish this? We’ve compiled a list of several very concrete ways in which business mobile apps can improve your company’s operational efficiency.
1. First of all, enterprise mobility solutions come in all shapes and sizes. App developers can create an app for just about any purpose, from streamlining standard processes that take longer on a desktop — and making those same processes accessible on the go, thus eliminating the need for extra travel to and from an office — to creating brand new and innovative ways to handle operations more efficiently. Any area of your business that needs streamlining can benefit from employee use of a mobile app.
2. The use of mobile business apps prevents costly errors. How many times has a mistake or even just sloppy customer handwriting on a form forced your employees to return to a job site or make a phone call for clarification? How commonly do employees lose or forget forms? And how much time gets eaten up resubmitting paperwork by printing forms, filling them out, scanning them, and then emailing them? Apps remove operational inefficiencies like these from the equation.
3. Mobility solutions reduce overhead costs. With more processes being handled via mobile apps, your business won’t be paying as much for ink and toner for your printers and copiers — and not nearly as much for their maintenance either. Employees will be free to submit work on location, reducing the fuel costs associated with traveling back to the office in order to accomplish certain tasks. In every industry, innovative mobile application development can find ways to save businesses money.
4. Mobile business apps save time. Customer information stored in filing cabinets can take too much valuable time to locate. Even saving it on a desktop requires that employees be at their desks in order to access it. Keeping all that information in the cloud, and instantly accessible from any location through an app, streamlines any task requiring customer data. Enterprise mobility solutions also save time by making processes easier for employees. Rather than writing or even typing data onto a form, apps can provide drop down menus and check boxes to simplify the process. They can speed up the processes of sales prospecting, of providing job quotes, of crew deployment, of invoicing. And all that extra time can now be used for revenue-creating purposes, rather than administrative tasks.
By implementing the use of mobility solutions to streamline your processes, your business can realize a significant ROI in operational efficiency, cost reduction, and time savings.
Contact the SevenTablets team to discuss your mobile app development project today. We’re conveniently located in Dallas, Texas, but we provide mobile app development in Austin, Houston, Chicago and the greater United States.
Let’s Talk About Your Mobile Strategy
- Common Business Mobility Myths Busted
- Is Big Data the Future of Enterprise Mobility?
- Investing in Mobile Apps: Are Development Budgets Declining?
- Effective Mobile Strategies Reduce Risks and Protect Profit
Shane earned a B.S. at Texas A&M (whoop!) and studied mathematics as a graduate student at Southern Methodist University.
Latest posts by Shane Long (see all)
- Uses of Blockchain: Cryptocurrency and Beyond - February 14, 2018
- 3 Ways Predictive Analytics for eCommerce Can Help You Destroy the Competition - January 23, 2018
- Predictive Analytics and Modeling: High-Tech Fortune Telling for Your Business - January 11, 2018