American consumption of digital media has exploded recently. In fact, Comscore reports an increase in U.S. digital content use of 50 percent in just the last two years. Moreover, the use of mobile applications accounts for 75 percent of that growth. That means that Americans love to use their computers even more than they did in the past, but America’s favorite computers are now smartphones and tablets. Obviously, this surge in mobile app usage has sparked an increase in mobile app development among businesses ranging from small to multi-national.
What is Mobile App Development?
Developing mobile apps has some things in common with producing any other software. At the same time, many software developers struggle to adjust to the different demands of developing applications that can run on a wide variety of mobile devices, with different kinds of controls, and in very small windows. Because these devices are small, good apps need to work very efficiently. Efficiency applies to both resource consumption and the actions that users must perform to navigate the app. Also, very simply, your app must be a high performer with lightning fast load times.
In contrast to traditional software development, mobile app development needs to include these critical aspects:
- User experience: The focus of mobile development always has to be on providing engaging and useful software that’s easy and intuitive to use. To delight users, apps need an excellent user interface. Users want intuitive interfaces that they find easy to use.
- Resource use: Mobile devices keep getting bigger and more powerful. Still, apps need to conserve memory, CPU, and bandwidth as much as possible in order to function well under different conditions and on different devices. Average users might not have the latest smart phone or handheld gadget.
At SevenTablets, We Understand Mobile App Development
Mobile app development is a kind of software development; however, its success depends upon having developers who understand the unique demands of mobile devices and the expectations of mobile users. At SevenTablets, we utilize a “business first” approach and our developers have experience with all aspects of a mobile strategy, including development, testing, security, and more. We encourage you to call or email us to discuss mobile app development for your company. Whether you’re looking for a project outsourced solution or a vertical strategic partner, let’s talk about your needs and go from there.
Let’s Talk About Your Mobile Strategy
- Why Mobile App Testing is Important
- 3 Keys of a Successful App
- 3 Keys to Developing Successful Apps
- How IoT May Impact Your Mobile App Development
Adam cultivated the creation of an industry leading $300M affiliate program and also worked as a marketing consultant on the start-up team of a now publicly traded commercial energy brokerage firm. He was one of the first media buyers on Facebook, and also among the first to work in the SAG-AFTRA New Media (WebTV) industry, serving the online commercial and content needs of major Hollywood studios.
Adam holds a BA from Southern Methodist University and a MS in International Marketing Management from Boston University.
Latest posts by Adam Rizzieri (see all)
- What Are the Pros and Cons of Machine Learning? - February 20, 2018
- 3 Factors That Influence Augmented Reality App Prices - January 4, 2018
- Three Ways Predictive Analytics Can Increase App Revenue - December 11, 2017