A mobile strategy is one of the smartest things you can provide for your company right now. Technology is moving forward rapidly, and by keeping up with the pace, you are keeping your business relevant and up-to-date. However, here’s where things get tricky: You may have a great mobile app that your employees like to use, but how are you keeping your company’s information safe when it comes to using that app?
To adequately protect your business, your mobile device management (MDM) solution must be proactive, integrated, and able to protect your business at every turn.
Here are 10 features your MDM solution must include if you want to stay protected:
1. Protection at every layer of your enterprise: mobile devices, applications, the network, and server-side data.
2. The ability to block or lock certain apps on employees’ personal devices during business hours, or while an employee is on vacation.
3. Employee access on an app-by-app basis, and the ability to segregate critical business apps from non-compliant or potentially malicious apps.
4. Real-time visibility into mobile network traffic and user behavior, including the ability to block an unknown or unauthorized device.
5. Remote management options to service employee-owned devices, enforce compliance policies, and perform remote diagnostics.
6. A system that is designed around security needs, where all data is kept behind a strong firewall.
7. The option for employees to use multiple devices, and the ability for the enterprise to scale this use without any increase in complexity or costs.
8. Protection against every potential source of hosting failure.
9. Flexible app deployment options, whether via a private cloud, public cloud, or hybrid cloud.
10. The ability to remotely wipe data from a device if an employee leaves the company.
Security is imperative for a business with a mobile device strategy. Having an enterprise mobile app without a strong security system in place leaves your data and your company unprotected. Get in touch with us today to find out what your business can be doing to stay ahead and stay protected.
Reach out to our team today!
When Kishore isn’t cultivating his teams of passionate thought leaders within the IT scene, as a licensed private pilot he enjoys playing in the clouds, community service, and being active in Dallas based Health Wildcatters. Furthermore, he is a devoted family man who places great value in spending time with his wife and two children.
Mr. Khandavalli earned a Master's degree from the University of Akron in Ohio.
Latest posts by Kishore Khandavalli (see all)
- FAQs About Business Mobile Apps - October 30, 2015
- Antivirus Protection in the Realm of Enterprise Mobility - March 6, 2015
- 6 Mistakes to Avoid When Designing a Business App - February 26, 2015