In the contemporary world of social media-driven marketing, relationships are everything. Consumers no longer have patience for one-way advertising and slick sales tactics. Instead, they look for service in the form of valuable, free content, easy and instant purchases, and meaningful interactions with brands via social media.
The connections they make online, and the relationships that form because of them, are often what drive them to make purchasing decisions. This rapport with a company is what leads to true customer loyalty ─ an emotional connection with a brand that turns a one-time customer into a repeat customer, and even better, into a brand ambassador who brings in even more business.
With this much hanging in the balance, it’s vital that companies take advantage of every single opportunity they have to deepen relationships with their customers and online audience. One of the most effective ways of increasing customer loyalty is through mobile app development.
With the explosion of smart phone use among consumers, it just makes sense to offer a way for your online audience to connect with you while on the go. Mobile app development is emerging as one of the best ways to give customers an experience they want to revisit again and again, all while ensuring that your brand stays top of mind. We’ve assembled some tips to keep in mind during the mobile app development process, to ensure that your app does its utmost to drive customer loyalty.
1. Make it personal. Mobile apps allow companies to collect extremely useful information about users, in order to provide them with the best experience possible. The more personalized the experience, the more connected the customer will feel to your brand. Whether it’s a matter of sending targeted specials based on a customer’s location or demographic, or keeping track of their buying habits and personalizing the experience based on those, the relationship between your brand and your customers will be deepened with each interaction.
2. Incorporate valuable features. The more valuable your mobile app is to customers, the more often they will use it, and that ongoing engagement will nurture the relationship. During the mobile app development process, be sure to include features that will appeal strongly to your target audience, whether that means making a task more convenient for consumers, providing significant discounts, or even gamifying some aspect of the app. By adding value to your app in this way, you’ll be encouraging frequent interaction, which in turn will drive customer loyalty.
3. Provide exceptional customer service. It goes without saying that your app should be designed to function without glitches; however, if a problem does crop up, or if a customer simply needs help using it, the customer service backing up your app should be flawless. It’s common knowledge that customers whose problems are resolved quickly and courteously can become a company’s most loyal supporters.
Keeping these three tips in mind during mobile app development can help you create an app that encourages frequent interaction, makes users feel a real connection to your company, and in the end, inspires customer loyalty.
Reach out to our team today!
Lacey earned a B.A. from Baylor University. Sic'em!
Latest posts by Lacey Williams-McGhee (see all)
- The Benefits of Adding AI to Your Existing Mobile Platforms - March 18, 2019
- How Machine Learning and AI Benefit Healthcare [Infographic] - March 7, 2019
- How Augmented Reality Apps are Transforming Visual Arts - February 27, 2019