Direct sales businesses continue to succeed, largely due to the power of social media and modern technology as a whole. Also known as multi-level marketing or MLM, the direct sales business model usually includes a sense of unity among the team members. This group dynamic is actually very useful for driving sales, as team members can learn from each other and even compete with each other. This drives success, while adding an element of fun and community to the equation.
Connecting with fellow team members through social media and group text messages can be quite useful. However, these options simply can’t compare to what you can achieve with purpose-built direct sales business apps and software. So what does a custom MLM app or software program include and why is this technology so effective?
The Role of Direct Sales Software and Mobile Apps
A custom-built MLM mobile app or direct sales software platform holds the power to engage team members very effectively. They also provide a central portal where teams can perform a variety of other tasks, including the following.
- Order more stock or placing orders on behalf of customers/clients.
- Access team news, resources, marketing collateral and training materials.
- Message and train with fellow team members and team leaders.
- Send and receive communications via a central panel that allows team members to communicate with clients or customers who’ve sent an email or voicemail.
- Share words of encouragement, ideas, successes and failures with fellow team members in a group chat setting.
- Track individual and team sales progress with real-time data.
These are just some of the many features that can be integrated into a direct sales software platform or mobile app interface. Each MLM company is unique and the degree of difference from business to business is quite dramatic. This is a niche where it’s extraordinarily difficult to find a generic software solution that’s actually effective.
One-size-fits all apps and software programs rarely suit a company’s needs, but a custom software solution can be built to suit your exact needs and requirements. It’s even possible to integrate your direct sales mobile app or software platform with other technology, such as a pre-existing inventory and ordering platform or a training portal.
A customized software platform or MLM mobile app is one of the most effective direct sales team building ideas. You’ll be creating a place where team members can continually engage, inspire and even take part in a bit of friendly competition. Your developer can even integrate special tools to drive engagement. Think of a “question of the week” feature that each team member can be prompted to answer when they log on. The net effect: improved interpersonal connections and a renewed sense of team. This is just one example of a direct sales team building idea for your new mobile app or software. If you can articulate the feature’s functions, then your developer can create it!
How Does a Direct Sales Mobile App or Software Platform Increase Sales and Profits?
The connection between a custom-built piece of desktop or mobile software and increased revenue and profits is actually rather simple. Let’s look at exactly how and why this technology is elevating sales figures and driving profit margins higher than ever before!
- Gamification features engage team members in a fun, healthy way. A team sales tracker that lists each person’s sales figures for the month will inspire less active individuals to compete with others. This friendly competition can have a tremendous impact on sales metrics for the team—and company—as a whole. These gamification and fun sales tracking features also inspire team members by showing them what’s achievable.
- Team members enjoy easy-to-access and centralized communication tools. Better communication means that you’ll have a well-bonded team. What’s more, individuals are far more likely to actually use those tools when they’re all easily accessible from a single interface. Better communication with customers or clients can mean more sales and improved customer experience since you’ll have fewer miscommunications or communication drop-offs.
- A team portal creates a sense of community and unity. Ask any sales training expert and they’ll tell you that a member of a sales team is virtually always going to be more successful than the lone wolf. And, there’s good reason for this trend. A sales team is far more engaging, and this, in turn, builds a sense of excitement and enthusiasm—engagement and enthusiasm that’s very hard to find if you’re a loner. A well-bonded sales team is very likely to find success thanks to the elevated engagement levels, the ability to learn from others, and the healthy competitiveness that inevitably arises in this type of environment.
- Training materials, marketing collateral and resources are centralized. A sales team member is far more likely to use marketing collateral, resources and training materials that are easily accessible in a single portal. Those individuals are even more likely to use those items if they’re already visiting the portal to check messages or place an order.
- Mission-critical tools are centralized. It’s not uncommon for MLM team members to be provided with access to multiple portals, including an email account, a voicemail account, a conference calling platform, a login for ordering and inventory management, and a platform with marketing collateral, along with a portal where the team member can manage their company-issued microsite. Oh, and don’t forget about all of those additional third-party accounts, such as the social media accounts that are used as marketing tools to connect with and engage customers or clients. It’s not uncommon for a direct sales team member to have upwards of a dozen different logins for the various tools, sites and portals that are used in the course of their daily business tasks. Using all of these accounts isn’t exactly convenient or efficient. Over time, this has an adverse impact on productivity and overall success. But a custom MLM mobile app or software platform can centralize all of these mission-critical tools into a single, user-friendly dashboard. This translates into greater success since team members can easily use everything that has been made available to them.
These are just a few of the many reasons why custom direct sales business apps and software programs are so effective at driving sales. Boosting profits is simple when team members have easy access to the tools and resources they need to succeed. What’s more, the engaging nature of a well-architected MLM mobile app will engage users in a way that just isn’t possible when your team’s toolset is scattered across multiple platforms.
At SevenTablets, we’ve created custom software applications and mobile apps for a variety of different clients, so our developers are well-positioned to create a one-of-a-kind solution for your one-of-a-kind challenges. Quite simply, we have the experience and technology needed to create a customized platform that suits your exact needs, including a robust UI/UX design with attention to mobile security. Our team can also assist with product development, data governance and app testing. You can proceed with confidence, knowing that your new direct sales business app or software portal will be totally secure, user-friendly and configured to drive profits.
Headquartered in Dallas, 7T has regional offices located in Houston, Austin, and Chicago. Our clients span the globe, so we know how to overcome any challenges that can arise from working across a vast distance. To learn more about our custom software and mobile app development services, reach out to the team at SevenTablets today.