Companies are constantly on the hunt for new ways to improve efficiency and increase the flexibility of their systems and operations. Among the most groundbreaking technological developments in the workplace are cloud integration platforms, which allow businesses to host data and applications in a centralized manner.
According to Statista, the cloud integration industry is slated to bring in about $2.87 billion in revenue in the U.S. for 2019, more than $400 million higher than 2018. This increase in spending can be linked to businesses taking notice of the tangible benefits that incorporating a cloud integration platform brings to their fold.
There is no shortage of benefits associated with cloud integration, including enhanced scalability, better security and the ability to host applications remotely. Here’s what you need to know if you’re considering implementing a cloud integration platform.
What the Cloud Integration Process Looks Like
A cloud integration platform essentially breaks down data silos, improving the interactions between datasets and optimizing business operations. This means that businesses have a more comprehensive view of their data and processes and can easily share information across cloud-based applications.
The cloud integration process involves combining the various services from your business into one unified location. To govern the new cloud-based database, you will need to develop a service-level agreement regarding your database’s security, performance and monitoring.
Naturally, you will need to find a developer with experience in cloud integration. These experts will understand how your servers link up from a business perspective and can be sure the platform is optimized to meet your exact needs.
Benefits of a Cloud Integration Platform
There are many advantages of a cloud integration platform, including:
- Cloud platforms often come with easy-to-read graphics that help users better visualize what is happening within their companies.
- It is easy to create, deploy and monitor integrations across a company from one location. Centralized data and application management saves companies money and time, allowing workers to spend their time on more creative tasks.
- The cost of cloud integration is affordable and flexible since these services are subscription-based.
- Thanks to remote hosting capabilities, workers can access data and applications from locations outside of the office.
- Cloud integration platforms automate the process of updating applications and data, fixing bugs and patching vulnerabilities.
- These platforms support integration in real-time, processing and analyzing data in a low-latency manner.
- The cloud offers improved security, including advanced fraud detection and real-time intruder alerts.
- Automated audits and reporting screens make it easier to achieve regulatory compliance.
From increased efficiency to tighter security, the cloud brings a host of valuable benefits. It’s no wonder so many businesses are adopting cloud integration platforms.
Useful Tools for Cloud Integration Platforms
When undergoing cloud integration, there are a number of tools you can use to improve the results. Here are some of the tools you should take into account:
- Bi-directional integration reporting tools allow your platform to communicate in two directions for troubleshooting purposes, meaning they can monitor how your platform interacts with applications and data, and vice-versa. This ability allows you to control the bandwidth and server load of your platform.
- Hybrid integration tools can integrate various file types, including CSV, XML and Rest, creating a seamless integration and management experience. These tools ensure that your platform is always updated with the latest technologies.
- Time scheduling tools check factors such as how often a file should be accessed, how frequently to update the platform and when to scan for bugs.
- Security features and service-level agreements keep your cloud integration platform protected. They bolster your platform’s encryptions, data governance and cybersecurity threat monitoring.
- Error handling and resolution tools address issues, such as an item that fails to update, and discover the reason for the problem.
The right cloud integration platform will link, map and transform all your data and applications in real-time. This results in simpler, more efficient workplace interactions.
The time for relying solely on on-premise solutions and legacy applications is over; these older systems simply don’t have the flexibility and efficacy needed in this day and age. Cloud integration platforms offer all the benefits of legacy systems while providing the cutting-edge features your business needs to stay competitive. By adding a cloud integration platform to your company, you will create a more seamless experience for workers and customers alike.
Of course, the first step when adding a cloud integration platform to your fold is finding a developer. The team at SevenTablets offers advanced cloud hosting services to help you optimize your mobile strategy. In addition, we are experienced with many emerging technologies, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, augmented reality, and virtual reality.