The Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) industry has gained tremendous popularity since social media hit the scene. More and more individuals are taking advantage of these modern, in-your-pocket business opportunities through companies such as Amway, Rodan & Fields, Avon and so many others. In fact, it has been reported that in 2019, Amway pulled in a whopping $8.8 billion, while Avon came in at $5.5 billion. There’s no doubt that companies can profit significantly when offering MLM opportunities!
With thousands of independent sales associates working remotely and staying in touch with uplines as they expand their business ventures, user-friendly MLM software platforms and apps are absolutely essential. If your company is considering an expansion to offer MLM opportunities or requires new custom MLM software or app platforms to drive sales teams to the next level, you’ll want to think carefully about what features will wow your team members and enable them to sell, sell, sell!
The Different Types of MLM Mobile Apps and Software Platforms
It can be tempting to include all mission-critical functionalities and features in a single MLM app or software program. However, this approach will lack any real focus and, in most cases, will end up overwhelming users. Instead of developing a platform that will be all things to all people within your company, consider creating software for a specific purpose. Two common types of MLM platforms include the following:
- eCommerce / MLM Sales Apps — These e-commerce mobile apps can be designed to face the public or sales associates. A sales-facing app would enable representatives to place and manage orders for stock that they plan to resell to customers. These platforms require a high degree of user-friendliness, prominent branding (in the case of public-facing apps) and security to protect data privacy, such as encrypting the sensitive information that’s provided during the checkout process.
- MLM Team Apps — When comparing an individual sales associate with an MLM team, the team tends to find much greater success since you have a group of individuals who are exchanging advice, participating in training and encouraging one another. MLM direct sales team apps include user-friendly communication tools, such as user profile pages, group/video chat capabilities, conference calling functionalities, instant messaging and email integration. Many platforms will also include message boards, assignment/project boards, forums and the all important field motivation tools like contests, rankings, and level-up goals with real time notifications and gamification throughout the app. All of these functionalities are designed to facilitate communication, strengthen team bonds, promote excellence, and drive revenue and new recruits from the field! This type of platform is often created as a desktop software platform, with an accompanying MLM mobile app. By developing mobile and desktop versions of the platform, tools and features can be accessed from virtually any device.
The Best Mobile App and MLM Software Features
If you’re ready to create a custom MLM mobile app or software platform, consider these tried-and-true MLM features. Or, get creative and request a new feature to support your company’s unique team and practices.
- MLM Sales Team Competition Functionalities — Lots of the world’s most successful sales teams promote advancement through the use of friendly competition and incentives. Competition and incentives go a long way toward driving sales professionals to succeed. That’s because psychologically, we tend to push harder when there’s something at stake, whether it’s a digital badge or an iconic pink Cadillac! Chat with your MLM app developer to identify the types of features you’d like to include, such as a badge or point system for user profiles or progress tracking tools.
- MLM Sales Team Communication Features — Strong communication is an essential ingredient in the recipe for MLM team success. Consider how your team currently communicates (and how you’d like to communicate in the future) and work with your app and software developers to integrate functionalities that support your unique needs. These communication tools can include voice calling, conference calling, video chat features, instant messaging, message boards, email integration and even project management-style boards.
- MLM Sales Management Tools — If you have team members or MLM associates who place orders on behalf of customers or order stock for themselves, you’ll need an easy-to-use shopping and inventory management system. These functionalities might include the ability to monitor inventory levels, reorder stock, print shipping labels and ship out individual orders. The key is to build the tools around your users and their specific needs. Often, companies will create two separate (but integrated) MLM software platforms, with one facing the public and the other facing MLM associates.
- Metrics, Analytics and Data Visualization — The best business decisions are driven by data. So, consider integrating features that allow MLM professionals to access, visualize and sort through various metrics and data analytics. It’s even possible to integrate a predictive analytics engine that can generate rankings and recommendations to take your business to the next level. Give the field team a big, easy-to-use dashboard on their phone — something that they are eager to check every morning. These people are your rock stars and they are super competitive, so show them the score board!
Does the perfect tool or functionality already exist? In many cases, there’s no need to reinvent the wheel as you develop a custom MLM app or software platform. Instead, consider integrating third-party platforms in an intuitive, user-friendly manner. This can reduce development costs dramatically, while ensuring you have access to all the features and functionalities that you need to achieve an astonishing ROI
If you’re ready to elevate your MLM business venture to the next level, reach out to the team at SevenTablets. As a leading Dallas mobile app development company and software development firm, SevenTablets is available to create MLM software platforms for desktop and mobile. SevenTablets specializes in expert digital transformation, offering a range of solutions, including ERP and CRM development, tools for data lake creation, data governance, data visualization, cloud integrations and system integrations. In fact, our work speaks volumes, so we invite you to stop by our portfolio page.
SevenTablets is based in Dallas with offices in Houston, Chicago, and Austin. If you’re in search of an innovative team to develop your next MLM mobile app or a custom software solution, contact SevenTablets today.