Is your company’s software working for you or against you? Do you find that your IT department is constantly overwhelmed by requests for help and support? Does your enterprise software require lots of creative workarounds due to poor design or a lack of integration with other platforms and interfaces?
The best enterprise software is built to suit a company’s unique needs, so it’s only logical that an out-of-the-box software solution would have a number of inefficiencies. In some cases, it’s akin to the differential between a custom-tailored designer garment and a one-size-fits-all poncho from the dollar store.
But how do you know what kind of enterprise software solutions are best for your company? After all, you’re an executive, not a developer, so you may not be familiar with the countless options, features and functionalities that exist. Could your business be one of the few that can actually use an out-of-the-box software interface with ease? And how do you know if that software will play well with your existing technology? Is your company among the many that would benefit from a custom enterprise software solution?
Finding the answers to these questions can be a challenge — unless you turn to an expert. Odds are that you need a software consultant. Let’s take a look at why you should hire a software consultant and how a professional can guide you toward the software you need to elevate your company to the next level.
What Does a Software Consultant Do?
A software consultant will evaluate your company’s unique needs and processes. Then, they can recommend a custom software solution that will work for your budget and your vision for your company. Software consultants examine a number of different areas, including the following.
• The Company’s Processes: How many processes does your company perform? Who is performing those tasks? What role does software play in those processes? An enterprise software consultant will examine how your business is using its existing software to complete those processes. They’ll also examine how software can be leveraged to improve efficiency, productivity and ultimately, the company’s bottom line.
• The Best Software for the Job: There may be one or more existing enterprise software solutions that will meet your company’s needs. Additionally, your business could blend multiple functionalities into a single, custom enterprise software platform or enterprise mobile app for a more efficient solution. Does your company require a development company to create a one-of-a-kind software program to suit a truly unique need? A tech consultant will consider these factors and determine the solution that will fit both your company’s needs and budget.
• Systems Integration: What are your company’s requirements in terms of systems integration? Do you have multiple custom-built enterprise software platforms that require integration with other systems? Does your company use out-of-the-box software programs that would need to be integrated with a custom-built software program? Is Internet of Things (IoT) integration a consideration? Systems integration can be tricky, so it’s essential that you work with a software consultant who understands what’s possible and what’s practical in terms of systems integration.
• Evaluating Today’s Technologies: Is your business using the most up-to-date technologies? Are there new innovations that your company could leverage in a custom software platform? Your software solution could benefit from technologies such as Predictive Analytics (PA), Machine Learning, Augmented Reality (AR), Blockchain, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). The best software consultants are very familiar with all of the latest technologies and how they can be used to maximize a company’s ROI.
A software consulting company can also evaluate the need surrounding UI/UX design and app security. These factors can have a significant impact on the architecture and features of your enterprise software platform.
Procuring the Enterprise Software That Your Company Needs to Succeed
If you’re asking, “Why should I hire a software consultant?” then the short answer is this: you need someone who can identify your technological needs and recommend the best possible software solution for your company’s goals, budget and long-term objectives. When you work with a company that offers software consulting services and custom software development solutions, the benefits are doubled. If you select the right partner, you’ll enjoy the continuity of an expert team that will turn the consultants’ recommendations into a practical and cost-effective reality that produces a significant ROI.
Whether you’re looking to build a massive enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform or require a smaller software solution with a handful of unique features and functionalities, the team at SevenTablets is here to help. 7T is based in Dallas, with regional offices in Houston, Austin and Chicago. Our clientele spans far beyond Texas, as 7T works with clients across the U.S. If you’re in search of software consulting services and a talented team of innovative developers, contact SevenTablets today.
Reach out to our team today!
Shane earned a B.S. at Texas A&M (whoop!) and studied mathematics as a graduate student at Southern Methodist University.
Latest posts by Shane Long (see all)
- What is the Software Consulting Process? - July 7, 2019
- Why Should You Hire a Software Consultant? – The Advantages of Tech Consulting - July 2, 2019
- Features of iOS 13 / iPadOS: What You Need to Know - June 25, 2019